At ella georgia we have been searching for a premium bath and body care range that we loved, believed in and one who’s ethos matched our own. When we met up recently with with Zeze Oriaikhi Founder of Malée we realised that we had discovered just what we were looking for. It is the gorgeous scent that first attracts you and draws you in and then it’s the realisation that the products feel so great on your skin. Malée’s Verdure (Fresh Forest Green) range is – Uplifting with notes of mint, citrus and patchouli – absolutely gorgeous. Wearing the products on your skin makes you feel as if you have had an aromatherapy massage – it’s such a relaxing scent.
Malée is a range of premium bath and body care products made in South Africa with carefully selected 100% natural active ingredients. They are packed full of vitamins and moisture-boosting agents and are designed to hydrate, rejuvenate, nourish, antioxidise, strengthen skin’s immunity and counter the ageing process. How good does that sound? They do not contain parabens, animal originated substances and mineral oils and are gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Malée is inspired by the scents of the African landscape and its transformative, aromatherapeutic power. Malée are an environmentally conscious brand and this range embodies a world of simple, natural grace.
Inspired by generations before, a dream to create a product that offers quality, luxury and affordability in one. The name malée is a term of endearment for a gracious learned woman in Bini, the language spoken by a tribe in the Edo Kingdom, Nigeria. Named after the founder, Zeze Oriaikhi’s great grand mother who was affectionately known as Malée. A woman who extolled personal style, drive and a love of her community. The circular symbol of Malée’s brand references to African earth wisdom. It is the Adinkrahene primary symbol of the Adinkra. This Ghanaian series of symbols is used to tell stories and describe history. It is a code, a keeper of the secrets. At Malée they believe that myths live on in each generation and adapt with the times.
So why do we love it so much.
- We just love the scent – and the effect it has!!!
- We love the feel of the products on your skin.
- Malée only use natural derived active ingredients.
- The team at Malée strive to ensure that all their products are environmentally sustainable.
- They do not test or use animal originated ingredients.
- All the oils used in their products are of natural origin and have been used because of their scientific proven ability
- They believe in healthy luxury so their products contain only what your skin needs
- They support their community through creating sustainable jobs and partnering with suppliers that do do the same. (The reusable cotton and biodegradable bag is made by ladies and men in a community led project in Cosmo City township, Johannesburg, South Africa)
- All their ingredients are – Ecocert ingredients
- They do not use silicone
- All there products are paraben free
- And what’s more they only use recyclable and biodegradable packaging.
At ella georgia you will be able to choose from Malée’s Scented Candles, Room Mist, Solid Perfume, Lip balms, Cuticle Gel, Anti Aging Handcream, Antioxidising Bar, Moisturising Shower Gel, Hyrdrating Body Creme, Moisturising Body Scrub and Moisturising Body Oil. Like us once tried you will be addicted. Keep checking back to order in store, our new range will be arriving very soon.